Thursday, September 17, 2026

Back to the Grind

Hi,

And hello to the sweet embrace of reality. I’m officially back from a brief hiatus, and my brain is currently running on about 3% battery. Normally, coming back to work involves a tiny spark of motivation or at least a mental checklist of things to look forward to. Unfortunately not today.

Walking back through the parking lot today hit a little different. You know that morning feeling where you usually have a shiny countdown going, but today's vibe is just... pure survival mode? Yep, that's me.

As for why I vanished for a few days? Am I going to spill all the juicy details right now? Well... probably not. I'm keeping my cards close to my chest until the universe aligns and I feel like storytelling. For now, we're sticking strictly to the surface level.

So, what went down? My trusty sidekick Wen Eng and I headed over to USM@KL for a two-day event. Why us? Well, since we’re the designated ringmasters (read: coordinators) for certain things back at the school, it’s not like anyone else was stepping up. Obviously, the heavy lifting falls to the dream team.

It was fun meeting new faces from totally different fields and other universities too. 

We actually had a great time and picked up some solid insights. Honestly, adulting and work processes are mostly just figuring out where the starting line is; once you grab the gist, you can casually freestyle the rest. Plus, while we were there, our inner event planners woke up. We scouted their facilities as a reference point. Let's be real, ditching the boring old hotel ballroom for a setup like this next time sounds like a genius move.

The Math reps. Who else could it possibly be? 😂

So, that’s the wrap on the KL chapter. Short, sweet, and surprisingly fulfilling. Even if a tiny part of me secretly wished a few things had gone slightly differently (doesn't every trip have that one plot point?).

If the stars align and the mood strikes me later, I might just tell more stories. Until then, catch you on the flip side! Take care.💕

No comments: