Friday, July 24, 2026

Some things never change

Hi, I’m back.

It’s pretty rare for me to write here on a school night, but today was just one of those heavy days. You know when you wake up on the wrong side of the bed, and from that moment on, the whole day just feels completely off? That was definitely me today. To cope, I put my favorite MLTR playlist on repeat and just let the music carry me through.

All I wanted was to be alone, stay quiet, and not talk to a single soul. But of course, life had other plans! My schedule happened to be completely packed from morning to evening. So, even though I was exhausted, I had no choice but to force a smile, step up, and interact with people all day long. By the time I finally finished work, my social battery was at absolute zero.

I desperately needed a moment to reset and fix my mood. And my remedy wasn't anything complicated. It was just a simple piece of chocolate Cornetto ice cream.

From my teenage years until now

This little treat has been my ultimate comfort food since I was 15 years old. Back in high school, I used to carefully save my pocket money all week just so I could buy one RM1.90 Cornetto every Friday after class. It was the best feeling in the world back then.

Fast forward to today, and even though life is much busier now, some things never change. I don’t need fancy, expensive ice cream to feel better. Just a classic chocolate Cornetto, and suddenly the day doesn't feel so bad anymore.

Here’s to surviving the hard days, accepting when our battery is empty, and letting the simplest things bring us back to life. 💕

No comments: