Every now and then, I like reading back through my old posts. They always bring a silly grin to my face and remind me of the little, joyful moments that are so easy to forget in the daily rush. So, consider this a quick time capsule post dedicated to my two favorite people: Auni and Adam.
This year, Auni is 10 and Adam is 7. While I naturally hope they do well in their studies, I’m even more passionate about making sure they actually get to enjoy being kids. Right now, that joy comes in the form of pure, unlimited energy on the track and the martial arts mat.
Auni has been absolutely loving running and taekwondo. She works so hard, gives every event her all, and bless her competitive spirit, she has managed to bring home quite a few gold medals to add to her growing collection. As long as her schoolwork stays on track, I’ll happily remain her biggest cheerleader from the sidelines.
Then there’s Adam. Having a big sister to look up to means his determination is through the roof! He wants to achieve just as much as Auni does, so he’s jumped right into running and taekwondo too. Watching him push himself and win a few championships of his own has been such a treat.
At the end of the day, I know academics will take center stage as they grow up. But letting them shine in things they genuinely love right now feels just as important. It builds their confidence, sure, but more than that, I hope it teaches them a simple life lesson, when you put heart and real effort into what you do, good things usually follow.
And that’s a little snapshot of the two gems keeping my life wonderfully chaotic right now. I know one day, when the house is quiet and they're all grown up, I'll read this back with a super full heart, so grateful for these crazy, beautiful days. 💕
No comments:
Post a Comment