Thursday, December 30, 2010

Sorry, I'm taken

Dear diary,

I was sitting next to an old lady on the bus when she suddenly asked me, "What did your husband got you for Christmas?" I was like errr.. "Hmm, nothing I suppose". Then she said, "Now you go back and kick his butt for me, will you?". I was laughing like mad when I finally replied, "How can I get anything from my HUSBAND as I'm not even married yet?". She looked at me a bit puzzled, and then she touched my left ring finger (yang ada cincin belah rotan tu). Just before she starts saying anything, I explained, "This ring is from my mum and I have kept it ever since". Then she smiled and apologized for her false interpretation.

Now you see how a lady with a ring on her finger will always mistakenly inferred as a married woman. A lot of people have asked if I am, the truth is I'm not. I mean not yet. Just misleading I guess. It is their culture that only married woman will have ring on their ring finger, and everybody traditionally knows what that means to the world. "I'm taken". Women know that. Men know that. Well, it's rather our own personal choice. So, who cares?

Gorgeous, isn't it?


Here's a tip to all great men out there. If you want to approach a girl and aren't sure if the ring is "the one" or not, I say just do it. Go up to them and ask if their taken. Don't be afraid to approach someone and say "Excuse me. I noticed the ring on your finger and I was wondering what it means". Ha, macho gila kannnn??? Yes, Both of you might feel uncomfortable. But hey, it's either her loss for wearing a ring on that finger or your fault for being too afraid for asking.

And for girls, sometimes you just want to hang out with friends without being asked out. Be it you are already taken, or maybe not yet ready for commitment, so here's a solution, put on a ring, then you can walk confidently as it will keeps guys away. That's the easiest way to do it..=))
Well for my case, a ring may be deeply meaningful as it represents a connection to the heart which is associated with our feelings of affection and love. From these small pieces of jewelry, we may draw memory and enhancement of emotions such as love and loyalty. Hah, ambik kau kan dah kena explain panjang panjang. Tetiba jadi emo pulak. kahkahkah.

No comments: