Sunday, September 13, 2026

Travel Diary : Doing It My Way

Hi,

It’s another solo travel day for me today! And as per my usual tradition, I didn’t touch a single piece of luggage until the night before.

Honestly, I had mixed emotions. I wasn’t exactly thrilled about the work duties waiting for me at my destination, but I was definitely looking forward to the little adventure that comes with any trip.

Speaking of packing, last night’s session was a speedy one. I mentally mapped out what I was going to wear for the next few days, piled everything right in the middle of the living room floor, and started organizing. Oh, and yes, packing in the living room is my absolute go-to habit. I just find it so much easier to manage out in the open.

Now, why do I usually dread packing? Because I have a tiny flaw: I need my suitcase to look obsessively nice and tidy.

So, I plan everything meticulously based on what I’ll need day by day, sort them into their designated packing cubes, and then carefully arrange the cubes inside the suitcase.


After careful planning, this is usually how it turns out. And unpacking becomes a breeze because I know exactly where everything lives.

Now, imagine doing that for a family trip instead of just for yourself? You do the math. 😂

But you know what? When you finally see the finished product, neatly organized cubes, everything looking like a mini department store display before you zip the bag, it is deeply satisfying. Plus, it makes life so much easier on the road. You instantly know where everything is, instead of having to tear apart a massive pile of clothes just to find one tiny pair of socks.

Of course, because I started packing at midnight, I only finished an hour later. And then? Classic travel insomnia struck. My brain decided it was time to overthink every little detail, and I ended up staring at the ceiling in the dark until almost 4:00 AM.

Luckily, my flight wasn’t until midday. I simply parked my car safely at my office, booked a Grab ride to the airport, and glided right through.

Everything went smoothly, and here I am now, chilling out at the airport lounge for a few hours.

Here’s a quick travel tip from someone who loves a good hack: if you want to travel comfortably without paying extra fees just to sit in a nice lounge, look into credit cards that offer complimentary local and international lounge access. I only use cards for expenses I'd be paying for anyway, and the perks just quietly pile up in the background. Zero extra cost!

It’s an absolute lifesaver, especially when you’re traveling solo and just want some quiet privacy. Sitting here with a light meal while I unwind is truly unbeatable.


While they usually have a wonderful buffet spread, I just wanted something light like toast and coffee. Not having to pay for expensive airport meals is a total bonus

Alright, that’s all for my little travel diary today! Every journey has its own unique flavor, and I’m ready to see what this one brings. I’ll share more updates soon. Bye for now!

No comments: