Monday, August 23, 2010

Say no to distractions

Dear diary,

At this point of life, I do research for a living. And most of my time is spent in front of the computer. Sometimes I even sleep or eat in front of my lappy. Time wasting wasn't it? When I plan to read a journal, I need to find a list of articles to make my referencing easy, but before the articles finish downloading, I end up surfing facebook, youtube or some other social site. Freaking useless, am I right? Hours go by with me on these sites. And I surely know that I don't have that kind of time to be wasting.

Seems like I'm the type of person who easily got distracted. People say that distractions have to be controlled. It is easy to say. But tough to implement most of the things. I personally find the internet to be the biggest distractions of all. So, what should I do? Literally pull the plug? hehe.. Well, one of the things that I have been practising lately is to spend a few hours concentrating on my reading at the library. Dapat 2 jam solid focus membaca pun dah cukup bersyukur. Yang selebihnya, termenung tengok orang lalu lalang.hehehe..:p

Internet is the biggest time waster ever invented (which is why I love it)

p/s: Distractions are something that I struggle with daily. I'm trying to set up some new habits so I can get my writing done. This is a nice reminder of what I need to do. But there are times when I could spend hours and hours cruising through the net, without having intention to do anything related to work..=))

No comments: