Hi,
I just wrapped up my lectures for the week, and teaching a brand-new course two days in a row is no joke. Seriously, it feels like an endless cycle of prepping from a blank page, stepping into the lecture hall, watching four hours vanish into thin air, and then immediately starting the whole loop over again. My brain is basically running on fumes and leftover motivation at this point.
To make things extra interesting, Monday kicked off with a bang. My girl was sitting for her first big exam, so naturally, every nerve in my body was tuned right into her wavelength.
As a teacher, my whole world revolves around helping students succeed. I pour my heart and soul into it because I genuinely want them to thrive. But imagine trying to apply that exact same teacher-mode intensity to your own kids. Oh man, it is a whole different beast.
I constantly feel like I'm walking a tightrope. On one hand, I don’t want to be that pushy parent who makes them feel like life is just one giant checklist of expectations. On the other hand, I really want to nurture a genuine, natural love for learning in them. I want them to realize that books and studying aren't just about surviving exams, but they're training wheels for that massive, unpredictable thing we call life.
It’s a constant balancing act. Being a mother who just wants them to grow up happy and kind, versus a teacher who wants to see them shine in every possible color, academic or otherwise. How they'll turn out in the end is totally out of my hands, of course. All I can do at the end of the day is take a deep breath and tell myself, "Hey, you tried your best."
Thankfully, Auni's exam wrapped up on Wednesday, which meant I could finally swing the spotlight back onto my own mountain of to-dos. Meanwhile, Adam's turn isn't until 2029, but let's be real, I'm already nervous. Raising a boy and a girl requires completely different playbooks.
And here I am now, trying to decompress after an absolute whirlwind of a week. I'm hiding out in a nice, shady spot somewhere outside my office. After my lecture ended, my brain felt so stiff and fried that a little campus walk felt mandatory just to get the gears turning normally again. There is something strangely therapeutic about a quiet stroll under the trees when your week has been entirely too loud.
Of course, the universe couldn't just let me rest. I have another workshop coming up next week, which means my weekend plans officially involve staring at slides and lesson plans. Classic.
The eLearn series with Amirah^2 has pretty much become a branding around campus. 😅
So that's what’s been keeping me on my toes. I hope your week treated you well. Have a fantastic, restful weekend with your loved ones! Bye! 💕



No comments:
Post a Comment