It’s late, the house is quiet, and the mood to sit down and actually write has finally hit me.
Right now, I’m just staring out at the moon through the glass wall. It’s a full moon tonight. It’s not quite as bright as the picture-perfect moons that usually flood my social media feed, but there’s still something so mesmerizing and calm about its presence. Just sitting here and watching it feels like a soft mental reset.
And honestly, I needed it, because today was actually a really good day!
I survived a postgraduate viva defense and we wrapped the whole thing up in under three hours! If you know academic defenses, you know that completing one in less than three hours is an absolute achievement.
It’s been a non-stop, back-to-back viva season for me lately, and I’ve got four more coming up soon in my role as an internal examiner. Even after doing this so many times, that pre-session knot in my stomach never completely goes away. But the moment the defense ends, seeing that massive wave of relief and pure happiness wash over the candidate’s face? That feeling makes every bit of the tension worth it.
On a completely unrelated (and slightly heartbreaking) note... I just found out that my absolute favorite drink from Zus Coffee is getting discontinued soon.
Why must good things end?! 😭
I have been loyal with their Matcha Lemonade forever, with the Tahitian Lime as my go-to backup whenever I need a refreshing pick-me-up. Now I find out both are being pulled from the menu after September 30th! That gives me officially one month to enjoy my Matcha Lemonade before it vanishes into the coffee graveyard.
It really makes you wonder, doesn't it? Why is it that the things we genuinely, deeply love always seem to leave the fastest?
Whether it's a favorite drink, a peaceful moment, or a good phase of life, maybe the trick is just to savor every single drop while it’s still here. 💕
No comments:
Post a Comment