Sunday, August 2, 2026

The August Kickoff

Hi,

It’s only the second day of the month, but August has already decided to show off two completely opposite personalities. If these first 48 hours are any preview of what’s to come, I’m holding onto my seat! πŸ˜„

Day 1: Saturday Controlled Chaos

Yesterday, I was out from morning until late afternoon playing driver, referee, and chief event planner. My kids had been bugging me endlessly for a playdate with their friends. Luckily, my dynamic duo happens to be besties with another sibling pair, which made planning between us moms a breeze.

The girls are sweet, but this pre-teen era is nerve-wracking! πŸ˜‘

By the end of the day, their names were known to all. πŸ˜‚

Managing my own two is already a full-time cardio workout. Now double that? Pure, unfiltered chaos. But honestly, it was the best kind of chaos! They had a absolute blast, and even with the high-energy madness, I’d totally do it again. (After a brief recovery period, of course.)

Day 2: Channeling My Inner Domestic Goddess 

After a full day out, today was dedicated entirely to the house. specifically tackling The Closet of Forgotten Clothes. You know, those piles that sit untouched for so long they practically start demanding their own rent? 

I finally rolled up my sleeves and sorted through everything for donation. My kids have outgrown so many of their things! Naturally, I kept a few special pieces for nostalgia's sake, but the rest went straight into the donation pile. I also confronted my own closet and parted with so many items I haven't worn in years.

I made sure everything was washed, smelling fresh, neatly folded, and properly labelled. They’re all still in fantastic condition, and my heart feels full knowing someone else will get good use out of them.

All packed and ready for their next chapter

So, that’s my August wrap-up... two days in! Something tells me this month might bring a bit of a rollercoaster ride, but hey, we’re ready for the turbulence.

See you all again soon! πŸ’•

No comments: